What is an Annuity?
Annuities are contracts between you and an insurance company. When you chose to purchase an Annuity, the insurance contract spells out exactly what you will get and the parameters of the Annuity. Insurance companies are bound by law to honor these contracts and are regulated by the Insurance Commissioners of each state.
What does this mean for your Retirement?
Annuities can be a very safe option to consider for your retirement nest eggs. Annuities are not intended to be used for short term investments or as an emergency fund.
There are several types of annuities offered by different companies. Some are complex but safe and attractive with very little risk.
As with our other products, since we are an independent agency, we have access to multiple companies which allows us to help you find the perfect product to fit your individual need.
We will take as much time as necessary to make sure you understand the product you are interested in and will not move forward until you are comfortable. We also promise to never use high pressure sales tactics.
What are the benefits of an Annuity?
- Provides a fixed rate of return typically better than a CD or Money Market
- Fixed Indexed Annuities provides returns that are tied to the performance of Stock Indexes. Your money is not invested directly into the market and your principle is never at risk.
- Annuities are the only financial instrument available that can guarantee an income for life, allowing you to create a pension for yourself.
- Annuities can provide protection to pay for Long Term Care.
- Annuities provide a death benefit that transfers to beneficiaries probate & tax free.
Do I need an Annuity?
Annuities are a very attractive option to consider for long term investment. An Annuity is an alternative to:
- Bank CD’s
- IRA’s & 401k’s currently invested in Mutual Funds
- Money sitting in savings accounts
- Lump sum inheritance’s
If you would like to find out if an Annuity is right for you, give us a call or fill out our contact request web form.