With the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) in 2010, the entire Health insurance landscape changed. Whether you like it or not, for it or against it, it is the law of the land. There are several great things about the law.
- Pre-existing conditions cannot be excluded from coverage.
- Insurance companies can no longer have lifetime limits on how much they pay out.
- Everyone has guaranteed acceptance into any Affordable Care Act (ACA) individual or family plan.
- Every plan must offer Essential Health Benefits (EHB). These are a set of benefits that are required of any plan considered ACA compliant.
- Annual wellness exams covered at no cost on all ACA individual health care plans.
- Federal subsidies are available to help with premiums through tax credits for low to moderate income families.
- An online exchange that allows consumers to look at and compare plans available as well as apply for subsidy.
There are of course some negatives but we won’t dwell on those except to say the entire system is extremely complex. That’s where we come in! Did you know it costs you no more to use a professional like us vs doing it yourself? Rather than spend many hours trying to educate and navigate yourself, let us take that burden off you! We are independent agents, representing well known healthcare companies such as Blue Cross/Blue Shield, United HealthCare, Cigna, & Humana.
Don’t get bogged down & stressed out trying to buy Personal Health Insurance. Let us help you.
How can Oldham Insurance help you?
- Finding out if you qualify for a subsidy
- Help you set up an account on Healthcare.gov
- If eligible, set up your subsidy
- Fully explain the entire process
- Review plans with you
- Check your Doctors against each companies Provider Network
- Walk you through the purchase
- Be available to answer questions after the sale